Classic Greek SaladLet's Get Cooking
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatos, cut in half
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, separated into individual slices (for garnish)
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Premium Gold Sitia extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare the greek salad dressing first by combining Premium Gold Sitia extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic. Whisk together and refrigerate for 15 minutes so the flavors blend.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare your lettuce and vegetables and place in a large bowl. Just before serving, pour the dressing over salad, sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper and toss. Add the Kalamata olives and feta cheese and lightly toss again. Garnish with the red onion slices and sprinkle the mint over the top.